We often get asked for our top tips on maintenance for the Bisque radiators, this also includes the best way to clean your model. If you have a fin style radiator, keeping it clean can keep your heating bills down!
- If a coloured radiator is dirty due to transport, warehousing or installation, the surface of the radiator should be cleaned with cold or lukewarm water. For persistent marks, a neutral or low alkaline cleaner can be used.
- Further cleaning can be achieved by using soft, non-abrasive cloths or rags.
- The surface temperature of the radiator must not be higher than 25°C during the cleaning process.
- The maximum temperature for the detergent is 25°C. Do not use steam jet appliances.
- Do not use scraping or abrasive devices. Only use soft cloths for cleaning. Vigorous rubbing is to be avoided.
- Do not use acid or alkaline detergents or wetting agents.
- Do not use organic dissolving agents containing ester, ketone, alcohol, aromatics, glycol ether, halogenated hydrocarbons or other similar products.
- Do not use detergents with unknown compounds.
- Rinse with clear, cold water immediately after cleaning.
- Try an unobtrusive area to clean first.
If you have any further questions on how to clean your radiator, please contact a member of our technical team.